Dance is a gift that will last a lifetime.
Dance is an athletic art form that strengthens the student physically, stimulates them mentally, and inspires them artistically. We believe that introducing and enriching children in dance is a wonderful gift that will last a lifetime.
Dance promotes good postural alignment, physical strength, and flexibility. It teaches poise and can have a positive impact on an individual’s level of self-confidence. Dance enhances musical awareness and helps develop rhythm and coordination. It stimulates artistic thought and feelings of well-being.
A fun and encouraging introduction to the world of dance, the Primary Division is designed to engage the young child in the process of learning.
Ages 7+ and Teen
The foundation for all future dance training, the Student Division emphasizes proper posture, placement, and coordination.
Technically and artistically challenging, the Academy Program prepares dancers for training in a college program or a professional setting.
Dance Center Evanston Updates
- Session 1 2022 registration opens for returning students on Tuesday, August 9 and new students on Tuesday, August 16! Watch this page for recital updates. Visit our Classes and Registration Pages for more information!
- Session 1 2022 starts on Tuesday, September 6 and runs through Friday, December 23. Come dance with us!
Evanston Dance Ensemble Updates
- Don’t miss EDE’s exciting 26th season!
- October: Common Ground – A new site specific work on the grounds of the Crown Community Center
- December: Evanston Symphony Orchestra – New work from both companies
- February: On Your Mark… – ede2 tours its new show
- March: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe – Our beloved classic returns!
The DCE Difference
Dance Center Evanston offers a fun, progressive program in a variety of dance techniques, including ballet, modern, tap, jazz, and hip-hop.
Our carefully designed curriculum takes children from the primary levels to pre-professional dance. Our staff is made up of professionals who have years of experience as teachers, performers, and choreographers.
- Bea Rashid, Director