Updated COVID-19 PoliciesFall 2022
FACE MASKS & VACCINATIONS
- Face masks and vaccinations are optional at this time. If you choose to wear a mask, you are welcome to do so.
DRESSING ROOMS & WAITING AREAS
- All dressing rooms are open. Dancers have the option of bringing their belongings into the studio with them or leaving them in the dressing room during class. Please turn off or silence cell phones in the room.
- Outdoor shoes should be set neatly on the racks in the vestibule. Hip-Hop dancers: please be sure to bring a separate pair of clean, light-sole, indoor-use only sneakers to change into for your hip hop class.
Waiting areas are open for dancers waiting between classes and family members accompanying students ages 3-5.
- Water fountains are open and available for use.
SANITIZATION AND HAND-WASHING
- Frequent hand-washing or sanitizing is strongly encouraged. Hand sanitizer is available at the main entrance and in each studio.
- Studios and common touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized on a regular schedule.
QUARANTINE PROCEDURE and RESPONSE TO A POSITIVE COVID-19 TEST:
- Anyone showing symptoms of cold, fever, or flu will be asked to remain at home. DCE will no longer be doing temperature checks.
- Anyone who has been directly exposed to another person with COVID-19 should follow IDPH guidance as follows:
- If vaccinated, they can come to class as long as they are asymptomatic and maintain strict mask-wearing and social distancing.
- If not vaccinated, they must stay home from dance for a minimum of seven days and provide a negative test to return.
- Anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 must inform DCE and quarantine for a minimum of 5 days, regardless of vaccination status. Must provide a negative test result to return.
NO REFUND POLICY
Dance Center Evanston has a no refund policy. Be sure the classes you choose fit your schedule and your child wants to dance. A free trial class may be taken, however only fully registered (tuition paid) students can be guaranteed a space in class. Tuition will be refunded if DCE must cancel a class.
Our priority at Dance Center Evanston is to create a safe space, both physically and emotionally, so that students can dance, learn, grow, and create. We look forward to welcoming you back to Dance Center Evanston.